Certain basic precautions apply to help keep the sparkle in your jewellery:
- Remove your jewellery when pursuing outdoor sports and activities, including gardening and swimming, and when you are doing heavy housework.
- Avoid excessive impact against hard surfaces, and contact with perfumes, cosmetics and household chemicals.
- Never remove jewellery by pulling directly on any of the stones.
As with all jewellery, regularly cleaning is important as soaps, lotions and other everyday items dirt build up can reduce the brilliance of the stone.
- To clean your Desert Diamonds jewellery, use a mild solution of 6 parts water to one part ammonia and apply with a very soft non-metallic bristled brush.
- jewellery set with stones can be maintained with a non-abrasive jewellery cleaner. Ultra-sonic cleaning is not safe for many gemstones so we advise against this method.
Professional cleaning and servicing (which includes checking the setting and prongs) is highly recommended at least once a year.
All our jewellery is white gold plated to improve its appearance. As the plating wears off over time, it is a good idea to have your jewellery re-plated when there are signs of wear.
Tarnishing of silver is a normal process that is caused by oxidization and moisture from air as well as sunlight. To reduce tarnish and keep your pieces tarnish free for months at a time, it is recommended that you keep sterling silver jewellery in an air-tight protective bag made of tarnish proof cloth or you can use a plastic zip lock bag. Storing jewellery this way also prevents it from rubbing against other surfaces which may cause scratching making it more difficult to clean.
Hang up your Floating Diamonds when not wearing them to retain their shape.
Do not stretch your Helix Cuff when putting it on or taking it off, the cuff should be eased carefully over the smallest part of the ear to put it on and taking it off.